Must-haves for RV Parents
Six Random Roadside Attractions You Don't Want To Miss
B & R Camper Sales Blog
- 0 0Published on Dec 06, 2019
DIY RV Glamping Tips
When it comes to camping, glamping is the idea of having your cake and eating it too. You get the joys of the wilderness but with life’s luxuries. You can hike the trails in your boots and then come back to fluffy slippers and sip red wine at the fireplace.Glamping also offers an excellent compromise for couples where maybe one person likes the outdoors, but the other can’t stand the thought of heading out into the wilderness. It gives people the option to see National Parks and beautiful scenery but still grants them the ability to have their fresh coffee, hot showers, comfortable beds, gourmet foods, clean clothes, etc. Some resorts offer glamping experiences but come with a hefty price tag. For the “normal” RVer with just a few DIY changes, you can go glamping on your own in your RV.
DIY RV Glamping Tips:
• Buy a new RV that comes with the latest features and technology.
• Upgrade to a memory foam mattress with a memory foam mattress pad.
• Use sheets, comforters, and pillows rather than sleeping bags.
• Forget sitting on picnic tables, bring cushion infused chairs.
• Bring a nice bottle of red wine, preferably one that you picked up while visiting a winery on your RV Adventure.
• Rope lights are a fancy way to light up the exterior of your campsite.• Buy fresh food at a local farmers market and cook a feast rather than heating hot pockets.
• Get an RV with a fireplace rather than having to sit outside by the campfire.
• Upgrade a washer and dryer unit rather than heading to the laundromat
• Use a phone to TV converter, so you bring all your favorite shows on Hulu, Netflix, etc. wherever there is cell phone service.
• Get fashionable mats for the floors to add color and style.
• Visit RV Resorts with amenities rather than boondocking.
• Use organizers to avoid clutter and free up space in the RV.
• Candles add a sense of style and elegance in addition to smelling great.
• Bring a coffee maker with your favorite creamer rather than using instant coffee.If you have other friends who want to join you on your glamping weekend, there are many RV Resorts that also offer cabins for people who want to go camping together, but not everyone has an RV. Can you see the cabin hidden in this photo? The location of this beautiful view is at the Thousand Trails RV Resort in Virginia.Click here to check out our inventory of RV's to find the perfect one for your next Glamping adventure!